Due to Coronavirus, quarantine measures are being implemented. People are not allowed to go out of their homes unless it is necessary to avoid the spread of the disease.
Staying at home for a long time can be very boring. Sure you can watch movies on Netflix, be active on social media, play online games, and do Tik Tok but there are better ways to spend your time at home. Here are 12 alternative ways you can do at home to keep boredom away:
- Browse through your old photo albums and reminisce the old times. In this modern age, all our photos are digital but some treasured photos are kept in photo albums. Looking through these photos can bring back good memories.
- Have a look inside your wardrobe cabinet and segregate the old clothes you have not worn over a year or more. Among the old clothes that you segregated, decide which clothes you still want to wear after doing some alterations or repair, which clothes you may want to sell online, and which clothes you want to donate to charity. Same thing to do also with your old shoes, bags, and accessories that you haven’t used over a year or more.
- Do some indoor exercise or yoga. Zumba is also good and fun for the family. Be fit and healthy while staying at home.
- Plant some vegetables in your front yard or backyard. Eating fresh vegetables is good for your health.
- Catch up with your reading. Whether it is a novel or a non-fiction book, make reading a habit. Try to read the books that gathered dust in your bookshelf.
- If you are musically inclined, it’s time to practice the piano, keyboard, or guitar. Learn a song or two while stuck at home.
- Learn online skills that you are interested in. Upgrade your skill or learn a new skill by looking at tutorials, webinars, or podcast online. You can also read blog posts and articles about your chosen topic. By gaining a skill, you can search for a job online. Working online is an alternative way to earn income during this pandemic.
- If you have a sewing machine that is lying idle in your house, try to learn sewing. There are a lot of tutorials online. Sewing can be a very productive hobby in which you can turn into a business.
- Play board games or mind games with your family such as Monopoly, Scrabble, or chess. It is a fun activity to do with your loved ones.
- Do some minor renovation or repair in the house like repainting or fixing broken household items.
- Learn to cook a new dish. You can research for a recipe online.
- If you are a creative person and inclined to arts, why don’t you try sketching, drawing or painting? It can improve your creative skills and is good therapy for your mind.
There are a lot more you can add to this list. Try to do the things you love and enjoy it. Being stuck at home need not be boring and unproductive. The important thing is you stay at home and keep safe during this pandemic.
I wish you and your family good health and happiness today and for the years to come.